Wednesday, December 30, 2009

That's Ms. Cougarette to you!

A couple people have asked about my recent weight loss goals and what lit the fire under me. Well, three years ago I was a 135lb, freshly dumped 25 year old woman preparing to return to college full-time. Little did I know I was embarking on a new adventure and a complete life change. I struggled to adapt to this new and as stress took over and time contraints forced me into the drive-thru's of my favorite restaurants the pounds crept on. Now this isn't the whole problem, because of a very hectic schedule and my poor broken heart I have spent most of my time avoiding dating rather than seeking it out. This wasn't all bad as I have learned a lot about myself, what I'm looking for in life and how to rely on myself to find happiness. However, it has also set the stage for the psychological/emotional reasoning for losing weight. I know what you are thinking, "you don't need to lose weight to get a man," and I have to say I TOTALLY AGREE! But... let me paint a good picture for you to let you in on my thinking (this is rather scary, but go with it!), this picture comes courtesy of urbandictionary.com: "An attractive woman in her 30's or 40's who is on the hunt once again. She may be found in the usual hunting grounds: nightclubs, bars, beaches, etc. She will not play the usual B.S. games that women in their early twenties participate in. The cougar can frequently be seen in a padded bra, cleavage exposed, propped up against a swanky bar in San Francisco (or other cities)waiting, watching, calculating; gearing up to sink her claws into an innocent young and strapping buck who happens to cross her path. " Now with my educational goals coming to an end I knew I need to set another goal in which I can work towards... to be a cougar!

To become a cougar one must be at the top of her game and must be willing to work! To prove my dedication to the art of becoming a cougar I am dubbed myself a "cougar-in-training" or better said, a cougarette. In order to fully perfect the craft of being a cougar I must hone my skills and go through a thorough training process which includes achieving and maintaining a youthful body and youthful endurance. This is where the weightloss has comes from. I figure if I'm going to be attracting those 25 and younger I must get back to the shape I was in when I was that age. So as part of my training and in order to be true to the cougarette name I am fighting the good fight against the bulge and the damage age has done to my body. You and I both know that our bodies are not spry like our 18 year old bodies were and this is my way to get my endurance back up to where it once was.

Once my physical goal is achieved, I will work on finding the perfect padded bra as previously mentioned. I'm pretty sure I have the attitude part down that is associated with being a cougar, but I think there is some refining to the attitude that could be done! My parents are cringing reading this post, but I am sure that will soon be replaced by a proud glint in their eyes when they set their gaze on their grown-up finely crafted cougar of a daughter!

1 comment:

Allyson & Jere said...

No really, you DO crack me up! But good for you for having a goal and going with it! May you be the best Cougar there ever was!